Product Review - TRESemmé Thermal Recovery intensive repair & hydration treatment

A few days after my relaxer, I treated my hair with my usual heavy protein treatment (Aphogee 2 step protein treatment).
 
Then of course, I had to follow with a deep conditioning session. Which I did the following day.
Although I have found my now much loved Keracae Humecto, I still have some products to finish that I had started to use before that one. One of them is the TREsemmé Thermal Recovery Treatment.

Click the image to enlarge
 
Ingredients:
Aqua (Water) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Quaternium-18 , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Phytantriol , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Panthenol , Dimethicone , Glyceryl Stearate , Quaternium-80 , Propylene Glycol , Ascorbic Acid , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Glycerin , PEG-12 Dimethicone , Steareth-21 , Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride , Oleamine Oxide , Tocopheryl Acetate , Disodium PEG 12 Dimethicone Sulfosuccinate , Silk Amino Acids , Keratin Amino Acids , Hydrolyzed Soy Protein/Vegetable Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Hydrolyzed Oat Protein , Biotin , Niacinamide , Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract , PVP , Sorbitol , Citric Acid , Disodium EDTA , Polysorbate 20 , Methylcloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Amyl Cinnamal , Butylphenyl Methyl Propional , Citronellol , Geraniol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Hydroxycitronellol , Limonene , Linalool , Parfum (Fragrance) .
 
As always, we know that the most important ingredients in a list are the first five.
Here it starts well with Aqua and Cetearyl Alcohol (a "good" alcohol that is an"Used as an emollient, emulsifier, conditioner, and thickener.") (source: Tightly Curly website)
The next on the list is Quaternium-18 which is used to "keep products from separating. [It also] gives hair shine, conditions hair and helps reduce fly-aways due to static electricity" (source: Tightly Curly website).
Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine (this one gave me a headache to figure out during my research lol)is a surfactant which means that it is cationic (positively charged as opposed to the hair that is negatively charged). It is basically a conditioner. It has good effects on the hair but be aware that due to its nature, it can build up on the hair so you might need to use a clarifying shampoo from time to time.
And last, Phytantriol. It is an emollient which helps hair retain moisture.
In all, it looks like the first ingredients are not so bad.
 
Smell:
This thing smells sooooo good! I am in love with the smell. It is a bit fruity and I really wished the smell would have stayed longer in my hair :-)
 
Texture:
Very creamy. Even after I've had added some Olive Oil to it.
 
Application:
Very quick and easy. Maybe because I have a fresh relaxer? I don't think so because I have used it once before and it was the same experience.
 
Results:
I wish I could say that I had fallen in love with the product as much as the smell. Unfortunately....no. It is not a bad product but I didn't get that "wow" factor once rinsed out. My hair felt exactly the same as it was before the application. And what I am looking for is for something that will give me this "wow" (and I do mean "WOW"!) feeling.
 
On the other end, instead of using a plastic cap, I used some cling film and I must say that I prefer that method. I have used it a second time since then for another DC session and I have the feeling that it was more beneficial.
 
So ladies? Any experience with this product?

No comments:

Post a Comment